Stir your curiosity with this passion fruit benefits
You have probably tasted it, enjoyed it and even made some recipes with it. We are talking about the delicious passion fruit. The benefits of this incredible fruit include an immunity booster, great source of fiber, helps maintain a healthy blood pressure and much more.
The seedy passion fruit comes from Passiflora edulis, a flowering tropical vine species, that grows in South America, Australia, South Africa, and India. A type of berry, it is one of the richest, safest, and healthiest fruits on the planet. But as wellness enthusiasts, we’re also happy to tell that passion fruits are nutrient powerhouses.
- It’s good for expecting moms: Loaded with antioxidants, fibers, vitamins, minerals, and many other essential nutrients, it is considered one of the healthiest fruits to promote fetal growth and development. Vitamin C boosts your immunity, fiber prevents constipation, high calories keep you energized. Best of all, there are no side effects of consuming passion fruit in pregnancy.
- Immunity booster: It contains plenty of Vitamin C (30mg per 100g serving), alpha-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin, which can remarkably step up your immunity. These dietary antioxidants neutralize the free-radicals, prevent cell damage, and reduce oxidative stress.
- Great source of fiber: Fiber is crucial in the diet as it helps regulate the digestive system and keeps the gut healthy. According to the American Heart Association, fiber also offers cardiovascular benefits.
- May improve heart health: Fiber, vitamins C and B6, and potassium are heart protective in nature – Passion fruit contains plenty of these nutrients. Passion fruit is also a low-fat fruit with almost no cholesterol.
- Improves digestive health: Being loaded with dietary fibers – about 25 g per cup, Passion fruit eases out the bowel movements, besides supporting digestion. The fruit is not only rich in fiber but also plenty of water content that is a must for improving digestion.
Sounds pretty great, right? In our blog you will find some great recipes with this powerful fruit.