Pancakes with blackberry sauce
Looking for a great family breakfast for this weekend? How about some traditional, delicious and incredible pancakes with fresh blackberries. It is the perfect time to get together with family and friends.
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ½ cups of flour
- ¼ cup fine cornmeal
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/8teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (We suggest Delifoods Fresh Blackberries)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- First you must heat the oven to 425 degrees. Add the butter in the bottom of a 2-quart gratin dish. Place in the oven and cook until butter begins to bubble, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together flour and cornmeal. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Whisk in honey, salt and pepper. Stir in the corn. Remove the dish from the oven and pour in the batter evenly. Return to the oven and bake until the pancake rises and is dark brown around the edges, 20 to 25 minutes. The center of the pancake should also be golden brown.
- While the pancake cooks, make the sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine Delifoods blackberries and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook until berries are soft and syrupy. Remove from heat and serve warm, spooned over pancake in the gratin dish.
Make sure the table is as beautiful as these incredible pancakes.