We all save that special space for dessert, especially if it is a very taste one. What if you celebrate this year’s Christmas with a tender moist crumb, juicy fresh blackberries and a crisp sugary top? Here is the recipe:
Frozen blackberries work well in this cake, we suggest Delifood’s blackberries since they are very fresh.
For the crumble topping:
- 70 g raising flour
- 45g margarine
- 25 g light brown sugar
For the cake:
- 225g margarine
- 200g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 120 g fat free yogurt
- 200 g of Delifood’s Blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 170ºc.
- Add the flour, sugar and margarine to a bowl. Rub the margarine into the flour and sugar until you get a breadcrumb consistency. Set aside.
- Mix the margarine and sugar together until pale and fluffy, usually around 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix them.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and mix until completely combine.
- Spoon in the yogurt and mix until just combined.
- Fold the blackberries through the cake mix making sure you are gentil.
- Tip the cake into the tin and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle over the crumb topping and bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes until a cocktail stick comes out clean.
- Leave it to cool for 30 minutes or so before tipping out and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Make sure you keep the cake in an airtight container for 3-4 days. If the cake is browning too much on top, loosely wrap it in foil.