trawberry pie is a classic and a must have in basically every kitchen in america. There are tons of pie recipes online, ours stands out by being easy, delicious and with the best ingredients. Make sure to put some love in the recipe and it would be very worth it. Nothing beats a warm fruit filling in a flaky crust!
First up, order son Delifood Frozen Strawberries. They are full of wonderful benefits, they are an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese, they also have a decent amount of folate (Vitamin B9) and potassium, and last but not least they are very rich in antioxidants and plant compounds.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Delifood Frozen Strawberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 14 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Ice cold water
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon milk for egg wash
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- 5-6 cups Delifood frozen Strawberries
- Zest and juice of a 1/2 lemon (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch or all-purpose flour
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Prepare ½ cup ice-cold water and keep in the fridge. In a food processor, pulse flour, strawberries, sugar, and salt. Add in half of the butter and pulse for 30 seconds. Add in the rest of the butter and pulse until the mixture looks like a coarse meal.
- Sprinkle about 6 tablespoons cold water over mixture and pulse until the dough comes together in clumps. If dry, add a little bit more water (1 tablespoon at a time) until the dough comes together.
- Remove dough from the processor and bring it together. Divide dough into two disks; one slightly bigger than the other and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for at least an hour or overnight. Let stand at room temperature a few minutes before rolling out. Roll out a larger disk on a lightly floured surface to a large circle. Fit into an ungreased 9-inch pie dish, trim the edges leaving an inch or two overhang. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss the strawberries with zest and lemon juice, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Toss in sugars, cornstarch, salt, and ground ginger and make sure berries are well coated and cornstarch disappears. Let sit for at least 10 minutes. Spoon the strawberries into the pie crust, making sure you pile it high in the center.
- Roll out the second dough and cut into strips to create a lattice top. Crimp the edges of the strips with a fork.
- Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon milk in a small bowl. Brush the top of the pie with egg wash and then sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Chill for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the pie dish on a baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Let the pie cool for at least 2-3 hours before serving.