Guac is not just a trend, it’s healthy, traditional, delicious and the perfect side sauce for many foods. This guacamole is made with ripe creamy avocados, minced onion, fresh lime juice, jalapeño and chopped tomatoes.
Avocados boast a wealth of healthy fats, but they are still fats nonetheless and they can quickly become a high-calorie food if consumed in excess.Homemade guacamole is full of health benefits, just watch your portion size.
- 4 large avocados
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced (optional)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Cut the avocado in half. Twist to remove the pit. Scoop out the pulp. Place in a medium-size bowl and mash the avocado with a fork so that the mixture is a bit chunky.
- Add the tomato, onion, garlic, and salt. Sprinkle the lime juice over all the ingredients and give everything a good stir, but don’t overdo it.
- Serve with tortilla chips, blue corn tortilla chips, whole-wheat pita chips, or fresh veggies.
Keep in mind: You can add more or less of each ingredient to satisfy your personal palette.
Now enjoy it with our tostones, yuca fries, yellow potato and much more.