A guava juice keeps the doctor away
Guava is basically a superfood, it has tons of amazing benefits, like heart health, weight loss friendly and much more. Some of the highlights this fruit has are:
- Guava is one of the richest sources of dietary fiber.
- Besides immunity, guava does wonders to skin and also promotes fertility.
- Guava also helps in regulating metabolism which leads to weight loss.
Benefits of guavas are plentiful and now we’re going to talk about guava’s nutritional value. A 100 gm serving of the fruit contains just 68 calories and 8.92 gm sugar, according to the data of United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Guavas are also rich in calcium as they contain 18 gm of the mineral per 100 gm of the fruit. It also contains 22 gm of magnesium per 100 gm of the fruit, as well as significant amounts of phosphorus and potassium- 40 and 417 gm per 100 gm, respectively.
- Did you know: Guavas are one of the richest sources of vitamin C? It’s true. Guava fruit contains 4 times the vitamin C content present in oranges. Vitamin C helps improve immunity and protects you against common infections and pathogens. Moreover, it keeps your eyes healthy.
Lowers Risk of Cancer
- “Lycopene, quercetin, vitamin C and other polyphenols act as potent antioxidants which neutralise free radicals generated in the body, preventing the growth of cancer cells.
- Guava fruit helps improve the sodium and potassium balance of the body, thereby regulating blood pressure in patients with hypertension. Guavas also help lower the levels of triglycerides and bad cholesterol (LDL), which contribute to the development of heart disease.
- It is one of the richest sources of dietary fiber in comparison to other fruits and just 1 guava fulfills about 12% of your daily recommended intake of fibre, which makes it extremely beneficial for your digestive health.
- Guava leaves have a potent anti-inflammatory action and a powerful antibacterial ability which fights infection and kills germs. Thus, consuming guava leaves works as a fantastic home remedy for toothache. The juice of guava leaves has also been known to cure toothaches, swollen gums and oral ulcers.